should prob just delete this

View previous topic View next topic Go down

should prob just delete this

Post  delete me i guess? ;w; on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

There was no such thing as a 'normal, ordinary' day in a veterinary hospital. It just didn't happen. Most people wanted to believe that every day consisted of puppies, kittens, and routine vaccinations with the only true purpose of taking client's money by giving more than was necessary. The majority of the population was blissfully unaware of the events that tended to occur on at least a daily basis in any given location where the advocates for those unable to speak did everything in their power to treat symptoms understood only by the touch of a hand and the use of diagnostic equipment.

If Riley Anderson could have one thing in the world, the young veterinarian would hope for just one single day filled with only puppies and kittens. Even this early into a day, the brunette had already seen a few patients for various but common issues the furry half of her clientele suffered from. Thus far things were fairly 'routine' with the lack of any severe emergencies but the taboo word was never whispered. The moment any situation in the field was deemed 'quiet' all hell was set to be unleashed upon the poor occupants of the building.

The morning block of appointments was nearing its end which would soon mark the beginning of the lunch break. Riley was seated in the office working on typing in her physical examination notes so that her technicians had less to worry about when they typed in the subjective notes that they collected before she even entered the room. With the way things looked now… perhaps they’d all get to enjoy a nice break before the afternoon picked back up again. It was wishful thinking, really, but even the phones seemed willing to cooperate with giving the team a breather.

One of the technicians, Rachel, entered the small office with a chart in hand. “Ready when you are, Dr. Riley.” With a simple nod, Riley slung the one item that separated her scrub-clad body from the technicians and assistants around her neck and extended a hand for the chart. “Pet is doing well, no issues, here for routine vaccinations. I already have them ready to be drawn up. Seems pretty quiet today, hmm?”

A half-smile was offered to the girl before the pair departed for the room in question. Routine. How long would that last? “I will kick your ass if all hell breaks loose because you said that,” would be her playful banter before she entered the room just ahead of Rachel’s good-humored laugh.

Last edited by Kim on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause its been here since june and yea)
delete me i guess? ;w;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: should prob just delete this

Post  pockets on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

There were few things in life that could put a genuine frown on the face of Dr. Curtis Langley, and that was with very good reason. He was the sort of guy who always got what he wanted, the confidence to back such a claim evident in every movement, every word he spoke. It wasn't so much that he was cocky- though it was at times a word that fit him- but that he had learned that if you behaved as though you could have anything, you could find a way to make it true.

Today he was frowning.

It had been a really long night, three trauma patients brought to the operating room on deaths door. He'd lost one, which certainly never put a smile on his face but it had begun to eat at him less. At the end of the day Curtis knew he'd done his best, and he was able to head home somber versus frantic and upset.

So why, then, was he rushing into a building with terror written all over his face?

In his arms he carried Bonnie, his three year old mutt, and she was pretty badly cut up. He'd come home to find the back door shattered and he couldn't for the life of him figure out what had gotten into her, but the back gate was open and he could only figure that it was an intruder. She was a great dog, but not always the brightest, and now she had glass jutting out of her and he didn't know what the hell to do. People were simple, they could tell you what was wrong. Dogs? He didn't know the first thing about how to rip glass out without getting bitten, so he figured he should bring her to the professionals.

"Hello," he said to the startled looking receptionist, as his entrance had been less than graceful. Hard to open a door while carrying a dog her size, after all, and he was just thankful he hadn't put his foot through it. That would have been awkward. "I need help, my dog dove through my sliding door and I really don't know where to begin with removing the glass and preventing infections. Is there any way I can be seen here?"

Curtis hadn't thought to check and see if this was even an Emergency Vet. Oops.

pockets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  delete me i guess? ;w; on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Riley was ever the charismatic doctor with a warm bedside manner when it came to her four-legged patients. There wasn’t a soul in the world that could find an ounce of hatred in the woman’s carefully shielded heart when it came to her canine and feline clients. If there was ever a time for her to be genuine and not guarded it was in the gentle way she dealt with her patients.

Even when they fought, squirmed, and released every bodily waste known to man. At least the plucky golden retriever currently receiving vaccinations was far more interested in kissing her and Rachel to death than making their day momentarily miserable. With the appointment complete, Riley sent a smile toward the owners though the genuine factor was lost when it came to the hairless half of the appointment.

“Lucky looks great! He’s good go to until next year’s checkup.”

Meanwhile, Charlotte was still in a momentary shock over the appearance of a man carrying the injured dog. Her coworker, Mike, seemed to at least have the presence of mind to scout the rooms for Dr. Anderson so that the duo could be moved into the nearest open room to get the ball rolling.

Riley barely had the chance to open the door when the lanky man intercepted her path.

“Hey, we have a situation up front. Charlotte is getting some information on someone that just walked in: his dog went through some glass. She doesn’t seem to be too bad but it looks like she might need at least some sutures.

Riley took a spare moment to shoot Rachel a look. Oh, yes, there it was. ‘Quiet’ was the summoning word for chaos. Professionalism kicked in soon after. “Rachel, meet me in room two. Mike, we’ll fill out the paperwork once I get a chance to assess.”
Following Mike to the desk, Riley’s green eyes soaked up the situation in a few seconds. The ABC’s were quickly evaluated: the dog was stable, breathing, and aside from some blood from the obvious wounds she didn’t seem to be in a critical condition. That at least eased the adrenaline a bit.

“Sir, follow me. I'm Doctor Anderson. They’ll bring in the paperwork for you to fill out. Are you a client here?”

Her clipped tone left no room for argument or delay. Basically, he was following, or she’d just swoop in and evaluate the dog without him. Heading into the room where Rachel was waiting with a few basic supplies already out on the counter, Riley at least exhibited a moment of patience to give this man a moment to get the dog inside before she waited expectantly for him to allow her technician to restrain.

Assuming he cooperated, Riley began to assess her patient while shooting some questions his way. “What’s her name?” See, she could still be nice. That was followed by, “This doesn’t seem too bad. Some minor cuts and scrapes. We’ll need to get this bigger piece out though.” While she gave him this brief moment to catch up, Riley settled into evaluating the dog’s heart and checking for any other signs of trauma with an abdominal palpation.
delete me i guess? ;w;

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top